Other Housing Mobility Resources 2004-09 Housing Voucher Policy
Connecting Families with Opportunity: a series of policy forums (2007).
National Low Income Housing Coalition: Final Report of the National Housing Voucher Summit (August, 2005).
Avanesova v. Housing Authority of Los Angeles et al: First Amended Complaint (Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County) and Ruling on Motion for Summary Judgment.
Wallace v. Chicago Housing Authority: settlement materials including the final Settlement Agreement, Notice to Class, and Order.
Annotated Bibliography of Housing Mobility Research, 1997-2004.
Girls in the 'Hood: summary of forthcoming research on the impact of sexual harassment and violence on adolescent girls in high poverty communities – by Susan Popkin et al (from the current Poverty & Race)
A Primer on Voucher Portability (from the NLIHC Section 8 Summit, March 2005).
Margery Austin Turner and Kale Williams, Housing Mobility: Realizing the Promise (Report of the Second National Conference on Assisted Housing Mobility, December 1997)
- Connecting Families to Opportunity: a Resource Guide for Housing Choice Voucher Program Administrators (July 2009)
- Memo on Housing Choice Voucher Portability Procedures and Corrective Actions
- Portability Rights of Housing Choice Voucher Participants: An Overview (from the National Housing Law Project)
- A Brief Introduction to Social Network Theory (August 2009)
- Memphis Murder Mystery? Responses to the 2008 Atlantic Monthly Article.
- Keeping the Promise: Preserving and Enhancing Housing Mobility in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (Final Conference Report of the Third National Conference on Housing Mobility) (December, 2005).
- Annotated Bibliography of Housing Mobility Research, 2004-2006.
- Preserving housing mobility in the Transforming Rental Assistance bill (June 2010)
- A National Opportunity Voucher Program (July 2009)
- Fair Housing Justice Center Letter on Source of Income Discrimination (July 13, 2009
- Civil rights letter to House Committee on SEVRA (June 3, 2009)
- Letter to Congress on the Section 8 Voucher Reform Act (June 2009)
- "The Section 8 program and access to opportunity: An agenda for policy reform" (Testimony to Housing and Community Opportunity Subcommittee, March 2006)
- Comments on portability restrictions in Baltimore MTW plan (September 30, 2005).
- Sample advocacy letter on voucher portability (June 27, 2005).
- PRRAC Testimony on the "State and Local Housing Flexibility Act of 2005," H.R. 1999, before the House Financial Services Committee, Housing and Community Opportunity Subcommittee (May 17, 2005).
- Letter to House Financial Services Committee from Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights, PRRAC, National Fair Housing Alliance and National Housing Law Project (May 10, 2005).
- Civil Rights Implications of the 2005 Flexible Voucher Bill (April, 2005). See full text.
- Protecting Housing Mobility in the Section 8 Program (February, 2005).
See full text.
- Letter to HUD re: Guidance to Public Housing Agencies on Portability (August, 2004). See full text.
HUD’s Response (September 2004). See full text.