Recent NCSD Highlights
- POSTPONED – Fifth National Conference on School Integration: Join over 400 people from across the country to discuss and strengthen strategies for promoting racial and socioeconomic integration in elementary and secondary schools at our fifth national conference.
- Via Politico, NCSD Puts Their Pro-Busing Advocacy Efforts Into Context, as 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary Features Discourse on Busing (June 2019)
- State of Integration 2018 Report: Chronicling Some of the School Integration Setbacks and Progress Across the Country (Released June 2019)
- June 2019 Politico Coverage of Legislative Pro-School Integration Effort in Congress
- Press Release: NCSD Lauds the Introduction Strength in Diversity Act (May 2019)
- NCSD & Century Foundation Hill Briefing: How Congress, States, and School Districts Can Take Action on School Diversity (April 2019)
- NCSD Policy Proposal: A School Integration Policy Agenda for 2019 and Beyond (January 2019)
- NCSD Strategic Plan 2018-2020
The NCSD hosts a biannual conference that brings together engaged practitioners, academics, activists, and youth to build relationships, formulate strategies, and celebrate school diversity.
- “A Struggle We Must Win: Advancing School Integration through Activism, Youth Voice, and Policy Reform” (agenda from the 2017 conference, held at Teachers College, Columbia University)
- “21st Century School Integration: Building the Movement for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion” (special issue of Poverty & Race, based on workshops at the 2015 conferences, held at Howard Law School).
Recent NCSD Policy Briefs
- Policy Brief 11: Model State School Integration Policies (NCSD & PRRAC, May 2020)
- Policy Brief 10: Title I Funding and School Integration (NCSD & PRRAC, March 2020)
Recent NCSD Research Briefs
- Research Brief 14: Is There Systemic Meaningful Evidence of School Poverty Thresholds (Roslyn Arlin Mickelson, September 2018)
- Research Brief 13: Re-Weaving the Social Fabric through Integrated Schools: How Intergroup Contact Prepares Youth to Survive in a Multiracial Society (Linda R. Tropp & Suchi Saxena, May 2018)
- Research Brief 12: Can Socioeconomic Diversity Plans Produce Racial Diversity in K-12 Schools (Genevieve Siegel-Hawley, Erica Frankenberg, & Jennifer Ayscue, October 2017)
- Research Brief 11: How to Support the Social-Emotional Well-Being Students of Color: Research & Best Practices from Interdistrict Integration Programs (Carol Learned-Miller, September 2017)
- Research Brief 10: The Complementary Benefits of Racial and Socioeconomic Diversity in Schools (Genevieve Siegel-Hawley, Erica Frankenberg, & Jennifer Ayscue, March 2017)
For more information, please visit the NCSD website at www.school-diversity.org